Sunday, May 30, 2010

Bayshore Marathon









This is from yesterday's Bayshore Marathon. I was surprised by not only how long this event had been taking place (I heard 'just under 30 years'), but also by the fact that I'd never attended this event before, as a spectator. It was a beautiful day for a race. Runners could participate in a 10K, half marathon or full marathon. It was inspiring to realize that every single person that crossed the finish line had hustled at least 10K. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to cover the runners out on the course. The paper wanted photos of the first place male and female finishers in each of the three events. Therefore, I had to stay in the same general area since they started and finished very close to each other. Also, there wouldn't have been enough time to walk the mile to my car, drive out on the peninsula, drive back and find a decent parking spot again. It would've been a minor miracle to do all that. It made me a bit antsy but the other photographer took some great photos out in the field so it worked out well. The paper, most papers, wouldn't run a lot of these photos, plus, they would most likely be in color. So it's nice being able to have the freedom here to post the photos I had fun taking.

No comments: