Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Horse


Last night a friend asked me if I had any horse pictures. Simple enough question. It had me thinking though. I've been on countless assignments with horses AT the assignments. Yet, I had the hardest time finding pictures with just a horse. How could I be a photographer and not have a horse picture ?! I feel like I was so focused on including people in the photos, that I neglected to simply get photos of horses. I'm not saying I need to take beautiful horse pictures all the time. However, my friends question and my search for specific photos brought to light my mindset while I was on assignment. It seems like I felt programmed to include someone/anyone in a photograph and wouldn't really take in the nuances of a scene in their entirety, or I guess, the main elements of a scene in their entirety. When I first started photography, I was a photographer first and journalist second. Then it went the other way around. It's different for everyone. The fun part for me is doing a little of both as best I can, and remembering to enjoy myself as much as possible in the process. This horse picture is from my first internship at the Monroe Evening News.

2 comments:

Trying to matter... said...

Your the best! and this is a great pic! From your Friend! Maggie

Keith King said...

Hey Maggie, thanks for the compliment and for checking out my photos ! I hope you and your family are doing great !